- What is the difference between a stamped tool and a drop forged tool?
- What's the difference between a Micro-Shear® flush cutter and a conventional wire cutter?
- Why do Micro-Shear® cutters last so long?
Hand Tool Ergonomics
- Will hand tools with ergonomic enhancements eliminate cumulative trauma disorders, such as carpal tunnel syndrome?
- What are ergonomic hand tools?
Frequently Asked Questions
Question What's the difference between a Micro-Shear® flush cutter and a conventional wire cutter?
The term "Micro-Shear® flush cutter" is a registered trademark of Xuron Corporation and is applied only to our products which utilize our patented, blade by-pass shear cutting action.
Conventional wire cutters utilize a compression-type cut, with the advancing cutting edges forcing the metal of the wire out of their way.
Micro-Shear® flush cutters utilize a shearing cut, with the by-pass cutting edges slicing cleanly through the metal.
Shear cutting greatly reduces mechanical shock delivered to the component and requires only about half the effort to cut a wire as compared to conventional compression type wire cutters.
Facebook YouTube Twitter Linked In