Manufacturing printed circuit boards involves (among other things) components and solder.
Components are secured to the PCB and the boards are then sent to a reflow oven or a wave bath for finished soldering. There will be areas of the PCB that need to be protected from solder and this is why solder mask (or more aptly described, solder resist) is important.
Xuron®’s Rover™ Mask is a natural liquid latex that is applied to the areas, or component parts of the PCB that need protection from solder. The material needs to cure completely (approximately 3 hours at room temperature) before it can be exposed to the heat of the soldering process. Once the PCBs have exited the soldering machine, and cooled, the Rover® Mask can be easily removed (peeled) from the PCB and disposed of with regular waste.
Ok, that is a very simple explanation as to how the Rover™ Mask is used, now for some specifics:
- Can be purchased in 8 ounce (227 g) containers for hand dispensing or 1 gallon (8.25 lbs/3.75 kg) containers for use with automatic dispensers. As a special order, we can also fill EFD syringes.
- Has a one-year shelf life.
- Is REACH and RoHS compliant.
- Dries in 3 hours at room temperature or 1 hour at 160 degrees F (71 C).
- To maintain maximum shelf life, store away from heat and direct sunlight and protect from freezing.
Contact your local Xuron Corp. Manufacturer’s Representative for a sample.
Please feel free to contact us directly if you have questions or need any further information.